THE GRADE 7 THEME FOR THE WEEK IS
The Grade 7 boys took time to think and complete a Visual Think Strategy about war and how it would feel leaving home, possibly forever. They considered duty, integrity and honour and what it meant to them.
GRADE 3 MR MEN DAY
For Shrove Tuesday boys enjoyed making pan cakes and showing their master chef skills.
The boys were tasked to design a 2D version of the Eco house they intend to build. After creating two views of the building, they set about using Minecraft to adapt their plan to a 3D coded version.
Several Grade 4 artists were entered into a literary art competition. They had to imagine and draw the fantasy creature ‘Krakobek’ from local author and old Ridge boy Hamilton Wende’s latest book, Arabella, the Secret King and the Amulet from Timbuktu. Five of our boys, together with 25 children from other schools, were shortlisted and came very close to winning. They were Harrison Pettit, William Wadman, Lunga Mntambo, Joshua Ferreira and Ethan Burrell.
SOME GRADE 2 BOYS ENJOYING THEIR NEW
1st XI CRICKET TOUR TO GRAHAMSTOWN
2XI – 5XI TOUR TO CLIFTON
SHOWING #THE RIGHT STUFF
The boys hard at work on their Eco bricks.
DONUTS FOR SALVAZIONE
We would like to Thank Tony Main, a Ridge partner, on behalf of Salvazione School for his charitable contribution to the school. Tony treated all the children at Salvazione to delicious mini donuts.
Please click http://qkt.io/hJbDGc to book your tickets.
Please click on http://qkt.io/nVQIjs to book.
- Water polo at KEPS, 1st Team Festival – 8-10 March – 7:00-18:00
- Grade 5 Cake Sale – 8 March – 12:45-14:00
- Grade 0 Grandparents’ Tea Party – 8 March – 11:00-12:30
- Swimming Gala’s – 8 March – 14:00-16:00
- Cricket vs CBC – 9 March – 8:00-17:00
- Talk by Joshua Ramsey to parents – 11 March – 7:30-8:30
- Care to Learn Day – 13 March – 9:00-12:30
- Lumo Dance – 15 March – 17:30-21:30
- Athletics @ St David’s – 16 March – 8:00-13:30
- Chess Match @ Jan Celliers – 16:30-18:30
- Soap Box Derby on Hope Field – 20 March – 10:00-14:00
- Athletics @ St David’s – 20 March – 14:00-18:00
- Public Holiday: Human Rights Day – 21 March, School holiday on 22 March
- Grade 4-7 Parent interviews: Prior online booking essential – 25 March – 14:00-17:30